Hard to believe, but 2020 is here… Happy New Year to you all! Our spring opening is just around the corner, and the Sport Show Season is upon us starting next week. We look forward to seeing many of you this winter. Starting this Thursday, January 9th, we’ll be at our first show in Novi, MI! The Ultimate Fishing Show Detroit at the Suburban Showcase Collection in Novi and runs through the weekend. If you’re in the area, stop by and say hello! We’ll be in booth 1004. This is the grand daddy of fishing shows in the Detroit area. A huge facility, the Suburban Showcase Collection is jammed packed with all kinds of fishing gear. If you are anywhere near Detroit (Novi) it’s the fishing show to go to.
— Show runs January 9th – 12th and their website has more details: Ultimate Fishing Show Detroit
The following week, January 16th – 18th, we’ll be at the Northeast Ohio Sportsman Show in Mt Hope Ohio. For those of you who have never been to that show, it is way out in the country, quite different from the larger shows we do. Centered right in the heart of Amish country, the Mt Hope area (Holmes County) is a great spot to visit for one of a kind hand made products and home cooked Amish meals. The show itself is smaller, but has a good selection of outdoor products.
— Show website is here: Northeast Ohio Sportsman Show
Moose with Two Calves Video
Our chief photographer and logistics guru Eric got a great video last summer of a cow moose and her two calves. Eric got lucky and just happened to have his camera on hand when he encountered the family of moose strolling around eating, seemingly blind to his presence just a few feet from them. Seeing Cows and Calves in the spring is not uncommon around the lake, but Eric just seems to have a way of keeping them calm long enough to capture them on film. Eric said he was very mindful of the fact that this 1500 lb mom was no match for his canoe, so kept very still. The wind in the background and grasses blowing just add to the moment captured. Check his video out here:
More Upgrades For 2020!
For the upcoming season, we have so many improvements in store!
– For Camp Lochalsh, we’ll be building a walkway from the Trappers Lounge all the way to the docks, similar to the walkways we built on Loch Island. Should make getting around easier. More upgrades to Cabins 2 and 3 and the docks too.
– At Sandy Bay, we’ll finish the upgrades on the two bedroom cabin in early spring, then rebuild the dock. Eric did a wonderful job of rebuilding the fire pit at Sandy Bay last fall.
– On Loch Island, new furniture on the deck, one more dock rebuild and some upgrading inside the cabins will round it out nicely.
Full 2020 Sport Show Schedule
We have booked four shows so far. Here’s the current schedule:
- Ultimate Fishing Show – Detroit – January 9th – 12th, Suburban Showcase Collection – Novi, MI
- Northeast Ohio Sportsman Show – Mt Hope – January 16th – 18th, Mt Hope Event Center – Mt Hope, OH
- Outdoorama – Detroit – February 27th – March 1st, Suburban Showcase Collection – Novi, MI
- Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids – March 19th – 22nd, Devos Place – Grand Rapids, MI
If you have any suggestions for additional sport shows, we are open to add one or two more to our “circuit!”
Facebook Group & Page
We want to invite all of you to join our Facebook Group, in addition to liking our Page. The Group allows guests to easily interact with one another, sharing tips and photos.
- Facebook Group ( facebook.com/groups/lochislandlodge )
- Facebook Page ( facebook.com/lochislandlodge )
Keep tuned for more information here on our blog as we will be more vocal this year! If anyone has an idea for a blog, or would like to be a guest blogger, let us know! Remember, stop by and see us at one of the sport shows!
Hoping you and your families have a wonderful 2020 ahead!
– Andy & Amy
See below “Related Articles” to leave / read comments…