We had some professional photography done and are glad to share this unique shot! A few different options to use as the background / wallpaper of your PC, Mac, Phone and/or Tablet. Directions for most devices below the image links section… And if you have any suggestions for other wallpapers you’d like to see, leave them in the comments down below.
[ 9/18/19: Corrected info to show Apple iMacs use 16:9 ratio… ]
Options for Background Images:
- Logo on the Right…
Best for Windows, or with desktop icons along left. Example:
- Logo on the Left…
Best for Mac, or with desktop icons along right. Example:
- For Phone and Tablets – you can use Either choice. You will move and zoom photo as desired.
And two Screen Ratios available:
- 16×9 Ratio for…
- Most newer Monitors
- Most newer Windows laptops
- Most iMacs
- examples: HD types (1080, 720), 1280×720, 1600×900, 1920×1080 and similar
- 16×10 Ratio for…
- Most older Windows laptops
- Most Mac laptops and some monitors
- Most older Monitors
- All Phones (Android and iPhone) – can move and zoom
- All iPads and most Tablets – can move and zoom
- examples: WXGA, WSXGA, 1280×800, 1440×900, 1680×1050 and similar
Direct Image Links – See below first, if needing directions… (Right-Click or Ctrl-Click links here)
Directions for saving and setting your background / wallpaper image…
- Save Image: Click desired link above – Right-Click on image – select “Save Image as…” – note destination folder listed – click “OK“.
- Set Background: Open File Explorer – goto noted destination folder – locate the image file (starts with “Loch-Island-Lodge-Cedar-Boat-…”) – Right-Click on the filename – select “Set as desktop background“.
[ For Windows Touch Screen – To do a “Right-Click” : Tap and hold for a couple of seconds, then releasing to see menu options. ]
- Click desired link above – on image, hold down Control Key and then Click – select “Set Desktop Picture” near bottom of list.
Android Phone / Tablet
- Click desired link above – Tap and Hold on image – select “Download Image“. (Photo goes to your Photo app / Gallery)
- Return to this page, then…
- On home screen, press and hold a blank area on your screen (meaning where no apps are placed), and home screen options will appear.
- Select ‘Add Wallpaper‘ and choose whether the wallpaper is intended for ‘Home screen’, ‘Lock Screen’, or ‘Home and Lock Screen.’
- From the next set of options, select ‘Photos’
- Choose the last photo from the Gallery, and you will be able to crop/zoom and move it as desired. Do pay attention to how cloud placement might affect top row icons.
- Once satisfied, simply click ‘Done‘.
iPhone / iPad
- Click desired link above – Tap and Hold on image – select “Save Image“. (Photo goes to your Photos app / Camera Roll)
- Return to this page, then…
- Go to ‘Settings‘ and select the ‘Wallpaper‘ option
- Select ‘Choose a New Wallpaper‘ (text above photos)
- Select ‘Camera Roll‘ and choose the photo in the bottom row. You will be able to crop/zoom and move it as desired. Do pay attention to how cloud placement might affect top row icons.
- Select ‘Set‘ then choose either ‘Set Lock Screen,’ ‘Set Home Screen’ or ‘Both.’
Additional External Resources if you are having trouble:
- How to set a background picture on your Android or iOS smartphone
We are glad to share a bit of our wilderness with you. Has been wonderful seeing new and familiar faces so far this season, and some of your visits are still upcoming! Please leave any feedback or suggestions for future photo ideas in the comments…
– Andy & Amy